What is Microblading?
Microblading is an advanced form of cosmetic brow tattooing. Pigment is implanted beneath the surface of the skin using a manual hand tool. This natural looking technique creates super fine hairstrokes which can give the appearance of hair where there isn’t any or create fullness where hair exists.
Does it hurt?
Topical anesthetic cream and gel are used for numbing before and during your procedure. Pain threshold levels vary from person to person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the entirety of the procedure. Most clients say it does not hurt at all! However, please note you will be more sensitive on your menstrual cycle.
How long does it last?
The treatment will fade over time and a touch-up is required 4-8 weeks after the initial procedure and then every 12 months. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors including sun exposure, chemical peels (glycolic, lactic, etc.), how active the client is, and how fast each individual's cell turnover is. Please note that final results and time frame cannot be guaranteed as each skintype will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates.
What will affect my new brows?
*Sun exposure: The sun fades the pigment faster so sun block & hats should be worn.
*The regeneration of skin cells: The longer the regeneration takes, the longer the pigment holds.
*Not following aftercare instructions.
*Excessively Oily Skin Types.
What should I do before my procedure?
If possible please come to your appointment with your brows filled in the way you do them daily so we can get a feel for how you like them. Avoid ANY blood thinners for 24 hours prior to the appointment. This also includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Pre Workout, caffeine and Alcohol.
• Pregnancy and/or Nursing
• Keloid Formation
• Viral Infections/Disease
• Autoimmune Disease
• Active Skin Disorders: (in or around the treatment area): Acne, Cysts, Psoriasis, Eczema, Rosacea, Vitiligo, Keratosis Pilaris, Dermatitis, Rash, Sunburn.
• Blood Disorders: Sickle Cell, Hemophilia • Accutane (must be off for 6 months)
• Steroids (must be off for 6 months)
• Retinol/Retin-A must be discontinued 1 month prior to procedure. (It will cause the skin to bleed).
• Injections (Botox, Radiesse, JuvaDerm, Voluma, etc.) must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after procedure.
• Chemical peels and laser treatments may not be done within 60 days before or after procedure
• Sunburned or Suntanned skin is damaged skin and therefore will cause excessive bleeding.
• You cannot expose the area to the sun for 30 days before or after procedure.
• Do not schedule this procedure within one week prior to a water vacation.
• Stay out of steam rooms, saunas, hot yoga, swimming pool, etc. for two week following procedure.
• Avoid working out or sweating for 2 week post procedure. (sweat will prevent pigment from healing into the skin)
• Avoid alcohol and caffeine 1 day before procedure to minimize any bleeding or swelling.
• Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin, fish oil or vitamin E 3 days prior to procedure unless medically necessary
• Existing Brow Tattoo - Microblading cannot cover most brow tattoos. The tattoo must be 80% or more faded and notmultiple colors. This is reserved for very experienced technicians and should never be performed by a beginner.
PHYSICIANS PERMISSION (DOCTORS NOTE REQUIRED):
▸ Heart Conditions
▸ Autoimmune Diseases in Remission
▸ Blood Thinner